Website Gresham Lodge
Care Assistant – Days – Gresham Lodge
- We’re seeking a Care Assistant with a friendly disposition and a warm heart to help look after our elderly residents. You must be reliable, committed to helping others, and willing to think of ways to make our residents’ lives comfortable, interesting and fun.
- We pride ourselves on providing a safe, clean and comfortable home-from-home environment where we care responsively and effectively for each resident like a dearly-loved member of our own family.
You will be required to:
- Provide personal care and attention for each resident, and follow the activities of daily living in accordance with the planned care.
- Work in a person centred way, ensuring residents retain their dignity and individuality.
- Be involved in the general activities of the home.
- Maintain a safe and secure environment for all residents, staff members and visitors.
Skills, Knowledge and Attitudes needed:
- A friendly, approachable, caring and helpful nature
- A genuine commitment to providing our residents with the very highest standards of care
- An ability to communicate effectively when speaking or writing, capable with numbers, and comfortable when using a computer
- Motivation to work both individually and as part of a team
- Willingness to complete all necessary training (Moving & Handling , Health & Safety, Safeguarding etc)
- An ability to Show Compassion, Empathy & Commitment to all within the home
- NVQ Level 2 qualification – or working towards this qualification would be desirable.
- However if your dedication and passion for the role is there, we will provide you with all necessary training and the chance to complete the NVQ if you join the team and successfully complete our probation period.
- 12 hour shifts working 8am-8pm – Full or Part time positions available
- £9.00 per hour
- Please email email@example.com for an application form or call 01724 410128 for further information and a chat.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.