Website Goodwin Healthcare
Care Support Worker
- Responsible to: Healthcare Manager
- Accountable to: Managing Director
- Responsible for: Service User Care
- To offer high quality care and support to individual service users in their own homes. The care is to be delivered in line with the CQC regulations and Essential Standards of Quality and Safety. The service users will be treated with the right to privacy, dignity and encouragement to maximise independence, as practicably foreseeable.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Service User Care
- Provide assistance with physical and emotional support of service users, maximising independence and assisting in empowering them to set and achieve personal goals.
- Support service users with achieving their desired activities of daily living.
- Provide and assist service users with personal care needs as specified in the care plan and report on any concerns / issues as necessary.
- To communicate effectively with the service users, their carers and other agencies, and be able to pass information relevant to the service users needs to other staff are required.
- Communicate any concerns immediately to the line manager
- Complete care note logs, including accident and incident reporting and to adhere to confidentiality policy and handle information appropriately
- Participate in regular supervision and annual appraisal
- Attend service review meetings and participate in the assessments, and to implement individual care plans for service users.
Training and Development
- Undertake mandatory training as required
- Undertake Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults / Children training in order to support service users and promote safe practice.
- Participate in regular supervision and annual appraisal.
- Be a team member of the Goodwin Healthcare Services Care Team and be involved in staff meetings and attend the office as required.
Health and Safety
- As an employee of Goodwin Healthcare Services, the post holder has a duty under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, to:
- Take reasonable care of the health and safety of themselves and all other persons who may be affected by their acts or omissions at work;
- Co-operate with their employer to ensure compliance with Health and Safety legislation and the Health and Safety policies and procedures of the treatment centre, not intentionally or recklessly interfere with, or misuse, anything provided in the interests of health, safety, or welfare, in pursuance of the relevant statutory provisions.
- Follow risk assessment and health and safety procedure at all times
- Follow lone working procedure where applicable
- The post holder must at all times respect the confidentiality of information in line with the requirements of the Data Protection Act. This includes, if required to do so, obtain, process and/or use information held on a computer in a fair and lawful way, to hold data only for the specified registered purposes and to use or disclose data only to authorised persons or organisations as instructed.
- The list of duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive and the post holder may be required to undertake other relevant and appropriate duties as reasonably required.
- This job description is subject to relevant review and appropriate modification.
- Please enquire with us further about the potential to gain free transport / free childcare
- To Apply for a position at Goodwin Healthcare, please follow the following link and then follow the instructions: Work for us | Goodwin Healthcare
- To Learn more, please call us on: 01724231100
To apply for this job please visit www.goodwinhealthcare.co.uk.