Position: Support Worker
Locations: North Lincolnshire
Hours: Full Time
We are currently seeking a Support Worker to join our residential care service located in Redbourne, situated between Scunthorpe and Brigg and only one mile from the A15. We provide individuals with practical, physical and emotional support enabling them to achieve as much independence and choice as possible whilst promoting social inclusion. We are looking for caring and committed individuals who want to work with a company that understands how important Support Workers are to our residents.
· You will need to show empathy and have a desire to make a difference
· Be passionate about forming therapeutic relationships
· Be committed to a person centred approach for each resident
· Be enthusiastic about working as part of a dedicated team
· Be resilient and able to work under pressure
· Be willing to take ownership for the delivery of quality care
Roles and Responsibilities:
· To provide an excellent caring service in conjunction with the senior team
· Be actively involved in resident care
· Assist in maintaining and developing high standards of resident care
· Work as a key member of the team, supporting each resident to achieve their planned outcomes
· Provide practical assistance to residents in carrying out everyday living tasks and encourage the development of daily living skills
· Be fully involved in day to day routines and individual and group activities
· Work within the legal framework encompassing statutory and organisational policy and guidelines
Who we are:
The Redbourne Centre is a specialist care home with nursing. We provide a supportive, therapeutic and homely environment for men aged 18+ with mild to moderate intellectual disability, mental health disorders, autistic spectrum conditions, behaviours of concern and complex needs. Some individuals may have a forensic background with associated risk and be on a Community Treatment Order.
Coveberry, part of the CareTech family, are a leading specialist healthcare provider, with Hospitals and centres throughout England, delivering wide ranging services in Adult Mental Health and Learning Disabilities, Specialist Brain Injury, Child and Adult Mental Health Services (CAMHS) including eating disorders, and social care for children with special needs.
Disclosure and Barring Service check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for previous criminal convictions.
Please contact: email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.