Website JME Care
Life Skills Support Worker
This is not a domiciliary position and does not include multiple calls, you will be based with the same client for the duration of the shift.
We are offering full-time, 36-hour permanent contracts. Here at JME Care, we are looking to recruit a number of male and female Life Skills Support Workers who are caring, enthusiastic and dedicated. You will join a fantastic team here at JME Care, where we will offer you all the training and support you will need to fulfill your role as a Life Skills Support Worker.
As a Life Skills Support Worker, you will work closely with individuals to support them in their everyday life, so no two days will be the same. Duties will include both practical and personal tasks such as supporting the individual to visit family and friends, assist with medical appointments, weekly shopping, assisting with dressing and administering medication to name but a few. Previous experience is not essential as we provide a comprehensive induction program and training program, including enrollment on to higher education (NVQ/Diploma) Driving is not essential, this is not a ‘domiciliary calls’ position, you will be based with the same service user for the duration of your shift.
It’s essential that you:
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to maintain records.
- Are forward thinking, enthusiastic, able to use your own initiative and have excellent personal management and organisational skills.
- Are able to focus on the task in hand with good attention to detail.
- Can demonstrate reliability and flexibility.
- The ability to manage challenging behaviors, should they arise.
In return we offer:
- Pay rates of up to £9.40 per hour
- A rewarding job, with potential for career development
- Free uniform
- 36 hour permanent contract
- Holidays paid 5.6 weeks per year
- Paid training to develop your skills and knowledge
- Further education, including enrollment on to Diploma/s
- Paid induction
- Paid shadow shifts before commencing employment
- Refer a friend bonus scheme
- 24 hour on-call helpline, offering continued support
- Employer contribution pension scheme
- Optional overtime
- Employee of the Month bonus scheme
- Employee of the Year bonus scheme
To apply for this position
please send your CV to – email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.