Website Knights Care
ACCOUNTABLE TO: Home / Deputy Manager / Senior Care Assistant / Nurse
Purpose of the role
- To provide and maintain a high standard of individualised care and comfort allowing the quality of life of the Service Users to be maximised in a caring, supportive, and friendly environment.
- To work closely as a team member with other members of staff on duty
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain a high standard of care and comfort for all Service Users in the Home, with the help of other designations of staff, in line with their individual care plans.
- Assist Service Users where appropriate with all care connected with daily living, including household duties, mobility, dressing, undressing, bathing, toileting, and nutrition.
- Help promote social activity within the Home and help Service Users to participate in chosen activities in their local community.
- Attending to the laundry of Service Users in a hygienic manner, maintaining a high standard and respect of personal clothing and possessions
- Always maintain good hygiene standards, as per the Home’s policy.
- Report any concerns, worries or ill health of Service Users to the person in charge.
- Provide and participate in activities, and/or outings for the Service User – provide a sense of well-being and maximise quality of life.
- Respect Service Users’ wishes and involve Service Users in their care, allowing them to make choices. Do not always make decisions for them without their knowledge or agreement and involve them closely with their care.
- Offer any suggestions to the Manager which may improve the service given or efficiency of the Home.
- Maintain good relationships with relatives and be courteous to all visitors by making them feel welcome in the Home.
- Do not undertake any duty of which you are unsure or have not had prior permission/instruction from the person in charge or outside body.
- Report any health, safety or security standards which fail to be met to the Manager and be aware of the health and safety and security standards set out in the Home’s policy. By doing this Service Users are protected from injury or harm from equipment, machinery, mobility aids etc. Report any defects in equipment/aids to the person in charge.
- Maintain good levels of communication between all staff and Service Users, answer telephone calls and deal with visitors to the home in a polite and courteous manner.
- Be aware of all the policies and procedures within the Home and ask if unsure.
- Clean equipment and possessions of Service Users
- Ensure safe and correct usage and storage of all cleaning and washing materials and be fully aware of COSHH regulations.
- Participate in the named care system at the Home.
- Be willing to participate in the training policy of the Home.
- Attend courses that are of benefit to the Home.
- Report any accidents immediately to the person in charge.
- Adhere to the moving and handling policy of the Home.
- Smoke only in permitted areas at permitted times
- Always maintain confidentiality.
- Ensure that the name and integrity of the Home is not brought into disrepute.
- Ensure that all the Home’s philosophies are adhered to.
- Be fully aware of your terms and conditions of employment.
The above key result areas are considered to be a broad representation and not necessarily a comprehensive list. Additional responsibilities will be agreed from time to time as the needs of the Home dictate. Any major variation to the key tasks will be the subject of discussion and agreement between the post holder and the Management.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.