Website Knights Care
Post: Senior Care Assistant
Accountable to: Home / Deputy Manager
Purpose of the role
- To take responsibility as the Lead SCA for the monitoring and supervision of SCA’s and other grades of staff as they provide direction for one or a defined group of Service Users, assessing, developing, and evaluating programmes of care.
- Support Registered Nurses in the management of duties ensuring provision of a high standard of individualised social care, allowing the Service Users’ quality of life to be maximised in a caring, supportive, friendly, and safe environment.
- To carry out policies and procedures within the Home
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Individual Service User Care
- To participate in the evaluation, formulation, and application of care via a keyworker system within the home.
- Completion of new patient registration forms and admissions register.
- To prepare and give reports to other members of staff.
- Participate in the measurement and recording of resident’s weight, urinalysis, temperature, blood pressure and respirations and act accordingly when these are out of normal ranges.
- To be responsible for communication and liaison with each Service User’s GP, appraising them of the Service User’s condition when on duty and to report any changes to the Manager, Deputy or RGN
- To be responsible for the recording of appointments and completion of transport and escort arrangements to ensure safe and timely attendance.
- Ensure Service Users and their families are kept informed of the Service User’s condition, encourage families to be involved with the Service User’s life and promote good relationships.
- To promote continuity of care by close interaction with all staff
- To ensure activities of daily living are met efficiently and effectively.
- Set and maintain a high standard of Service User care by personal example and conduct.
- Ensure that the philosophies of care are adhered to and keyworker systems are functional.
- Monitor the standard of care provision within the framework of the Home’s philosophies and goals and the nursing agenda.
- Ensure that the needs of the Service Users and their carers are met by means of effective communication between staff, Service Users, carers, and other members of the multidisciplinary team (GP, Continence Nurse, Respiratory Nurse, Community Nurse etc).
- Be responsible for ensuring all staff on duty are working to a high standard.
- Maintain good working relationships with the staff, encouraging them to contribute ideas to improve the Home and take part in staff and Heads of department meetings.
- Display a professional attitude and encourage professional relationships with all grades of staff.
- Attend relevant education sessions and contribute to the staff training programme within the Home.
- Assist the Manager, Deputy Manager and RGN’s to ensure that learners have effective mentorship and support and achieve their learning objectives via individual induction, supervision, and appraisal.
- Provide help and support to all members of staff.
- Review and audit staff recordings in relation to monitoring charts to ensure clarity and consistency reporting any shortfalls in a timely manner.
Managing the Environment
- Always maintain Service User confidentiality.
- Participation in the quality assurance program (Team Audit Program) and resolve to remedy any shortfalls found in a timely manner.
- Participation in the recording of medical equipment checks and reporting issues found clearly in a timely manner.
- Ensure Health and Safety standards are complied with and that there is an awareness amongst staff.
- To maintain safe custody of all drugs and medications in the Home when on duty and check, order and administer them in accordance with the policies and procedures within the Home.
- To be aware of the need for economy in the use of stock and ordering of all stores
- Ensure all fire precautions are continued,
- Ensure the Home and Service Users belongings are cleaned and maintained to a high standard.
- Ensure complete and adequate records are kept when on duty of all accidents, following procedure, and communicate their outcomes and reviews effectively.
- To be fully aware of all policies and procedures within the Home and ensure their implementation.
- Ensure all COSHH Regulations are implemented when on duty and be accountable should they not be.
- Ensure manual handling regulations are implemented.
- Maintain effective communication systems.
- Deal with any complaints sensitively and if appropriate refer on using the agreed procedure.
- Ensure effective utilisation of the work force taking appropriate action at time of staff shortage as required.
- Maintain an environment in keeping with the Home’s Statement of Purpose.
Managing External Factors
- Promote Communications and good relationships within all aspects of the care home
- Read and be familiar with the Health & Social Care Act 2008 and its subsequent regulations
The above key result areas are a broad representation and not necessarily a comprehensive list. Additional responsibilities will be agreed from time to time as the needs of the Home dictate. Any major variation to the key tasks will be the subject of discussion and agreement between the post holder and the Management.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.