Website Knights Care
Post: Domestic Assistant
Accountable to: Housekeeper / Home Manager
Purpose of the role
- To maintain the cleanliness of the Home
- To apply and comply with the COSHH Regulations and maintain a safe environment.
- To help prevent cross contamination and cross infection.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that all cleaning products are locked away when not in use in the designated COSHH area.
- Never leave cleaning products unattended within the Home – this is a disciplinary offence.
- To access and understand the contents of the housekeeping file which contains product information, dilutions, and rotas. Any dilutions should be made to the manufacturer specification. If you do not know how to do this then do not attempt to
- Should any splashes occur report these immediately to the person in charge, making a note of the product involved, and follow the instructions in the COSHH Regulations. An accident report must be completed.
- Always wear protective clothing when in contact with products, to prevent irritation and absorption through the skin.
- Do not mix different products from one container to another. Never store products in an unmarked container. Any unmarked container should be brought to the attention of the person in charge.
- Any materials which require soaking should not be left unattended.
- Do not prop open fire doors – always adhere to the Home’s Fire Policy
- Clean all work materials at the end of your shift. Mops should be stored with the head upward to enable drying, and cloths should be disposed of at the end of each shift. Materials must be left to dry. Ensure the mop bucket is emptied, cleaned, and dried after use.
- Be aware of the cleaning products and the risks involved.
- Be aware of any potential hazards you may cause. It is your responsibility to ensure a safe environment, e.g., use wet floor signs, do not trail Electric cables where people can trip over them.
- Be aware of the colour coding system and the relevant cleaning materials.
- You must strictly adhere to break times.
- Be aware of the Home’s standards for cleanliness. Ensure these are met daily. Failure to meet these can lead to disciplinary action being taken.
- Complete cleaning schedules
- Report any faults/defects to the person in charge immediately.
- Ensure all waste bags are emptied at the end of each shift.
- Ensure confidentiality at all times.
- Ensure that the Home is kept clean and tidy at all times.
- Ensure that Service Users’ belongings are treated with respect and clothing is laundered to a high standard.
- Any plants are watered during normal routines.
- Sluice machines are given a daily cycle.
- Never attempt to use equipment unless you have been shown how to use it
- If you do not understand please ask
- Ensure all protocols regarding Infection Control are adhered to.
The above key result areas are a broad representation and not necessarily a comprehensive list. Additional responsibilities will be agreed from time to time as the needs of the Home dictate. Any major variation to the key tasks will be the subject of discussion and agreement between the post holder and the Management.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.