Lincolnshire House Association
Lincolnshire House – Night Care Assistant Position
About the Role:
- Due to resuming services following Covid-19, Lincolnshire House Association are looking to appoint a hardworking and enthusiastic Night Care Assistant. Lincolnshire House is a complex consisting of individual bungalows and 2 activity centres providing residential, respite and day care to adults (from the age of 18) with Cerebral Palsy and similar disabilities. We require night care staff to undertake all personal and domestic care needs for our service users. NVQ trained staff would be an advantage, however on the job training will be provided.
Hours and Salary:
- Minimum 27 hours on a rota basis ( 3 nights). Permanent position. Part-time, Salary: £9.00 to £10.00 /hour.
- To assist residents who need help with bathing, dressing, undressing, toileting and personal care including washing, shaving and cleaning teeth.
- Some residents will require assistance going to bed and you may be required to use the hoist.
- To present a satisfactory role model at all times.
- To ensure the security of the buildings at all times and to carry out a security check at the start of every shift by checking all entrance doors are closed and where necessary locked.
- To be aware of the procedures in the event of a fire alarm sounding.
- To comply with Lincolnshire Houses guidelines and policies at all times.
- To undertake domestic duties primarily in the fields of laundry/ironing, food preparation, table laying or dusting/cleaning as directed.
- To answer call bells as quickly as possible.
- To read and write reports, take part in staff meetings and in training activities as directed.
- To treat residents with respect and dignity at all times.
- To help residents with mobility problems including incontinence, help in use and care of aids and personal equipment.
- To enable residents to effectively communicate their choices and intentions. Ensuring that their requests for assistance are met.
- To work as a member of a team and liaise with other team members.
- To report to senior staff any significant changes in health or circumstances of a resident.
- To be flexible in methods of work.
- Lincolnshire House is a registered charity, it is expected that staff support fundraising events.
- To perform other duties as may reasonably be required.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.