Website Peggy's World CiC
- Support Worker (Dementia Care) Must have a full driving license
- Senior Manager
- To meet the day to day individual needs of each client, whilst acknowledging their privacy, dignity, and promoting their independence and self-esteem.
- To maintain a healthy and safe environment and achieve the highest standards of care at all times.
- To assist in transporting and supporting people with dementia to attend activities.
- To respect the dignity and privacy of each client and to promote their self-esteem/confidence.
- To assist clients with their mobility problems and other mental or physical disabilities such as cognition, continence, assistance in the care and use of aids and any special equipment.
- To assist and promote acceptable standards of personal hygiene in as unobtrusive manner as is possible, whilst engaged in activities such as using the toilet, washing hands, eating.
- To encourage and promote clients to maintain and achieve their full potential/independence, through the use of minimal support/supervision and in recognition of their own abilities.
- To provide mental and physical activities within the home, through engagements in activities dependent on client needs and abilities such as reminiscence, hobbies, recreation and other forms of cognitive stimulation.
- To carry out any domestic tasks such as cooking, cleaning, laundry and shopping.
- To be aware of each clients care profile, including life story, and promote and maintain individual care plan recommendations.
- To help clients access community inclusion and/or attend activity sessions arranged by the company.
- To record accurately in all documentation.
- To assist with the administration of medicine.
- To have use of own vehicle if required as well as being able to use company vehicles, including a preference to drive a minibus when required.
- We require flexible people to meet the needs of the individuals and the service.
- To inform a senior member of staff on any structural or equipment defect, and report any incidents/accidents.
- To ensure and maintain a safe working environment in accordance with Health and Safety Regulations.
- This job description is not exhaustive and you may be asked to perform any other reasonable duties as directed by a senior member of staff.
- All necessary training will be offered by our in-house training to fulfil this caring role, including support from our in-house specialist dementia nurse.
Essential / Desirable
- Education, qualification and training
- Good basic education
- Willingness to train
- NVQ in care or similar
- Dementia Friend
- Dementia certificate/qualification
- Able to make decisions
- Observation skills
- Good communication skills
- Willingness to learn
- Able to use own initiative
- Mature attitude
- Familiar with lone working procedures
- Being creative
- Previous experience working within the care sector
- Experience of supporting older age adults
- Experience of working with people with dementia and their family
- Experience of the person centred approach to care
- Knowledge and understanding
- Human Development
- Potential for change
- Learning Disability
- Family support
Are you interested in working for us?
- If you are interested in working for us, please do not hesitate to give us a call on 01724 808108