Plenus Care Ltd - Lindum Court
- Senior Carer – Team Leader
Times and Location
- Full-time Lindum Court, Owston Ferry
Are you ready to take the next step in your social care career?
- Lindum Court provides care and support for up to 24 older people, some of whom may be living with dementia. We are a small and friendly home placing great emphasis on providing a dignified, happy and family orientated atmosphere where our residents and staff feel valued and supported.
- Reporting directly to the registered manager, we are looking for a Senior Carer to act as team leader for the home. This role would ideally suit someone with previous experience as a senior carer who is now looking to move on to a role that will provide support for their ongoing career development.
- If you have a positive can-do attitude, together with a real desire to promote person-centred care and a kind and compassionate approach we would love to hear from you!
Your responsibilities will include:
- Assisting residents with all daily living tasks
- Setting up, reviewing and updating care plans to ensure residents’ health and wellbeing needs are being met
- Ensuring that all care related records are complete and up to date
- Working with senior care colleagues to ensure medication is managed and maintained in line with good regulatory practice
- Take responsibility for ordering, receiving and booking in medication
- Completing quality audits as agreed with the manager
- Promoting high standards of care by ensuring staff are well supported and supervised as appropriate and shifts run in a smooth and organised manner
- Ensuring that the living environment is maintained to high standards of infection control and cleanliness- acting as infection control lead and champion
- In consultation with the manager, supervising safe admissions to the home
- Developing positive and professional relationships with residents and their families and healthcare professionals
- Working with the manager to agree priorities and action plans for developing the service
- Free parking
- Shift pay enhancement for covering extra shifts
- Refer a friend scheme
- Free meal on shift
- Paid breaks
- Company pays for DBS
- First uniform paid for
- Day off and gift voucher for birthdays
- Incentives for completing training
- Company funded events
- Christmas vouchers
- A company pension – auto enrolment
- Further training and development opportunities
- Previous experience as a Senior Carer, NVQ/QCF Level 3 in Health & Social Care and a willingness to undertake further training and development. You will have leadership qualities and a willingness to take ownership and see things through, together with a calm, flexible and team orientated approach. Willingness to undertake on-call responsibilities. Reliable transport as the home is in a village location and public transport is limited.
- To apply or for an informal chat please contact Helen, the manager on 01427 728507 or email firstname.lastname@example.org