Website The HICA Group
We are expanding our home care support team and are looking for caring, reliable and hard working individuals to promote independence, whilst actively encouraging and supporting with making informed decisions about their own life. Our core values are to treat people with respect and dignity whilst maintaining confidentiality.
If you are looking for a new challenge or a new career opportunity, we would love to hear from you!
A Full UK Driving License is essential and you must have your own vehicle to allow enough time to complete your care rounds.
What the job involves:
- Assist Service Users with all aspects of personal care including, washing, bathing or showering, continence care, assisting to dress, shaving, ironing, shopping, preparation of meals, washing up, collection of pensions, getting in and out of bed, eating and drinking, general mobility, rehabilitation, social interaction and outings, providing or obtaining information and assistance with form filling.
- Maintain accurate records including MAR charts (medication administration records) in line with HICA Policy and the Data Protection Act.
Our benefits and rewards package:
- Above NMW pay rate of £9.31 per hour, rewarding your hard work and commitment
- Potential to increase earnings with overtime
- Car drivers receive an additional 10p per mile as fuel allowance.
- Retail, supermarket, holiday, entertainment & cinema discounts
- Discounted local & national gym memberships
- Access to low cost saving plans and loans
- Hospital and Death Benefit plans at prices you can’t find on the Highstreet
- Employee assistance programme & wellbeing support
- Refer a Friend bonuses
- Full induction and training package
- Access to funded qualifications and genuine career opportunities
- Company uniform and mobile phone provided.
Who we are looking for:
- Those who are hardworking and reliable
- Willing to learn
- Have a kind and caring nature
- Motivated by seeing the difference you can make to the lives of our service users
- Able to communicate effectively
- 7am – 2pm and/or 4pm to 10pm, with a minimum of 10 – 16 hours per week guaranteed.
- Minimum of 3 days per week on a 2-week rolling rota with the option of working split shifts.
- Be able to work alternate weekends
- Successful candidates will need to complete an Enhanced DBS Check or provide a transferrable DBS before a start date is offered.
The HICA group are a ‘Not for Profit’ organisation providing a range of care services to older people and those with learning difficulties both within residential, nursing homes and within the community.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.