Website The HICA Group
HICA at Home in Grimsby is one of 3 lead providers within North East Lincolnshire. We currently deliver approximately 2800 hours of community-based care per week in our geographical areas. We have rounds available covering DN18 and DN19 postcodes (Barton / Barrow)
To join our team, you must:
- Be hardworking and reliable
- Have a kind and caring nature
- Motivated by seeing the difference you can make to the lives of our service users
- Able to communicate effectively
- Willing to travel within the community by car (this is essential due to covering a large area)
- Be able to work alternate weekends
- Complete an Enhanced DBS Check or provide a transferrable DBS
As a Home Care Worker, you will:
- Assist Service Users with all aspects of personal care including, washing, bathing or showering, continence care, assisting to dress, shaving, ironing, shopping, preparation of meals, washing up, collection of pensions, getting in and out of bed, eating and drinking, general mobility, rehabilitation, social interaction and outings, providing or obtaining information and assistance with form filling.
- Maintain accurate records including MAR charts (medication administration records) in line with HICA Policy and the Data Protection Act.
- Treat Service Users with respect, dignity and courtesy whilst maintaining confidentiality
- Promote independence and maintain skills, actively encourage and support Service Users to make informed decisions about their own life.
- 7am – 2pm and/or 4pm to 10pm, with a minimum of 16 hours per week guaranteed.
- Minimum of 3 days per week on a 2-week rolling rota with the option of working split shifts.
- We appreciate that individuals have childcare and other arrangements and so we may be able to accommodate alternative shifts such as 7am – 10am or 8am – 2pm.
- Your availability will be discussed upon receiving your application and at interview.
Our benefits and rewards package:
- Above NMW pay rate of £9.31 per hour, rewarding your hard work and commitment
- Car drivers receive an additional 10p per mile as fuel allowance.
- Retail, supermarket, holiday, entertainment & cinema discounts
- Discounted local & national gym memberships
- Access to low cost saving plans and loans
- Hospital and Death Benefit plans at prices you can’t find on the High street
- Employee assistance programme & wellbeing support
- Refer a Friend bonuses
- Full induction and training package
- Access to funded qualifications and genuine career opportunities
- Company uniform and mobile phone provided.
The HICA group are a ‘Not for Profit’ organisation providing a range of care services to older people and those with learning difficulties both within residential, nursing homes and within the community.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.