Website Trustcare ltd
Applicant needed for day shifts working four days or five days / night senior carer to work three or four nights per week
· To assess the individual needs of residents and ensure that they receive the highest standards of holistic care and attention appropriate to their needs.
· To participate fully in the overall care of residents.
· To ensure that the day to day running of the home is in accordance with management policies, quality systems and to ensure compliance with statutory requirements.
· To give guidance and training to the care staff and to provide clinical support and direction as required.
· To be involved with residents’ activities both in and out of the Home and encourage leisure pursuits accordingly.
· To act up for the Manager when required and provide cover out of hours, taking charge of the Home in rotation with other staff. At these times to be responsible for the smooth running of the Home in all areas.
· To ensure care plans are completed for all residents as soon as possible after admission whenever possible, consulting with the resident and/or relative. Ensure care plans are evaluated and reviewed regularly.
· To maintain and promote relationships with General Practitioners and Primary Care Team in the local community.
· Responsible strict control of recording, ordering and the return of medication to the pharmacy.
· To deploy staff efficiently in relation to care duties to be covered by setting up and controlling the duty rota. Check and monitor care staff hours and authorise time sheets.
· To establish good personal relationships with residents and their families.
· To undertake on-call requirements as agreed with the Manager.
· Assist as necessary in the recruitment of staff in consultation with Home Manager and in accordance with company policies, arrange orientation and induction programs for all new staff.
· Carry out appraisals of staff, identifying training needs to meet IIP programme.
· Assist in the marketing and promotion of the Home to maintain high occupancy. Attend promotional functions as requested. Take every opportunity to promote the Home. Ensure any vacant rooms are ready for viewing at all times. Escort prospective clients or relatives around the Home as and when required. Maintain good contact with local professional bodies and other relevant persons.
· To assist in the maintenance of a Safe and Healthy Working Environment.
· Duty to whistleblow if witness bad practice or harm to a resident within the home
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.