Please see your weekly overview update on behalf of the Director of Adult and Community Wellbeing (DASS) and Director of Public Health (DPH)
Industrial action information for care sector
Please read letter at the top of this email. If you have any queries please email email@example.com
Winter Communication around Power Cuts for Domiciliary Care Providers
Please find information below which enables providers to support vulnerable service users to register onto the Priority Services Register (PSR). Providers are requested to support all vulnerable service users within their care to register with the PSR where required.
It is very unlikely that the country will see energy shortages this winter; however, there are some key points which providers can follow set out below:
- A key step is to ensure that any households where there are vulnerable individuals sign up to the PSR.
- The PSR is a free service offered throughout the energy industry and is a free support service that makes sure extra help is available to people in vulnerable situations.
- Energy suppliers and Network operators will both keep a PSR. If a service user thinks they should be added to either they will need to be supported to contact their energy supplier or network operator.
- Energy suppliers can pass service users details to their network operator to add them to the network register too. It is a good idea for service users to ask their energy suppliers to do this if they rely on their energy supply for medical reasons.
- Service users can approach their energy suppliers directly if they have contact details to request this.
- The link below can be used to access further information around eligibility criteria, details on how to register, help that can be given and details of similar resources. Information around finding a gas or electricity supplier and finding a gas or electricity network operator can also be accessed via this link if a service user does not know who their gas or electricity supplier is.
- Another key step is working with service users to help them think through how they would manage with a power cut of around 3 hours.
- Please find a link below to the Energy Network Associations Be Winter Ready Protect, Care and Share Campaign. This link includes but is not limited to information around how to prepare for a power cut and information around the PSR.
- The link also includes details around the 105 free call number which can be called in the event of a power cut, which will connect to the local electricity network operator’s emergency line.
All Registered providers should also plan how they would manage during pre-notified and unplanned power cuts.
This should be undertaken using robust business continuity planning, which focuses specifically on power cuts, while also considering other scenarios such as damages power cables.
Please can you ensure your Business Continuity Plans are reviewed and updated to include this information, and a copy forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org
Updated SAB MA Policy and Procedures
Please see the links below to the updated SAB policy and procedures which now include the expanded, and enhanced threshold document. The threshold aims to support with decision making when making safeguarding referrals, and also around the kinds of incidents which might be addressed through alternative processes (lower level, where no harm has occurred). The risk matrix remains unchanged and should continue to be referred to.
For ease and following feedback, we have also added the threshold document to the SAB website as a separate tool.
In the New Year we will be holding a number of short sessions via Teams to give an overview of the updated document and highlight the main changes – please keep an eye out for the dates.
North Lincs SAB | Policies, Procedures and Guidance
North Lincolnshire Multi-Agency – Policy & Procedure is a multi-agency document endorsed by the Safeguarding Adults Board and is for use by professionals within Adult Social Care.; Identifying and responding to concerns about Female Genital Mutilation – This guidance and procedure explains the duties and actions to be taken regarding recognising and responding to children who are at risk …
Threshold Document – Safeguarding-thresholds-Approved-December-2022-1.pdf (northlincssab.co.uk)
Please share and disseminate amongst your organisation / teams.
Performance Support Officer
Provider Development Team