Please see your weekly overview update on behalf of the Director of Adult and Community Wellbeing (DASS) and Director of Public Health (DPH)
FREE Multi – Agency Legal Literacy Training – Book Your Space Now
The training is for those who are responsible for safeguarding enquiries / Section 42 enquiries only.
North Lincolnshire Safeguarding Adults Board have commissioned multi – agency legal literacy training for practitioners who work in the area of safeguarding adults, and are required to apply legal principles, powers, and duties during their daily practice.
The training aims to explore the legal rules that underpin our actions in safeguarding adults work, and to support practitioners and organisations to deliver the intentions and requirements of the Care Act 2014, to keep people safe from abuse and neglect.
Training title: Safeguarding Adults: Legal Literacy in Practice
Training provider: Edge Training and Consultancy – Dawn Revell via Microsoft Teams
Date: Tuesday 25th of April 2023
Time: 9:30am – 4:00pm
Spaces left: 4
Please note that spaces will be allocated on a first come first served basis, assuming participant’s suitability for the training.
By the end of the course participants will have:
- Improved legal literacy knowledge in relation to safeguarding adults.
- Understood the central role of the Mental Capacity Act in safeguarding adults.
- Considered case law examples.
- Applied learning to practice through case studies.
- Considered the role and authority of the Court of Protection.
Key topics covered:
- The starting point with adults – consent.
- Mental Capacity Act overview.
- Care Act – duties and powers.
- Case studies – learning into practice.
- Decision specific case law.
- Best interests – challenges, application, power, safeguarding.
- Sexual relations and contact with others – case law.
- Self – neglect.
- Court of Protection – scope and powers.
- Other legislation: Criminal Courts and Justice Act 2015.
- The Modern Slavery Act.
- Inherent Jurisdiction – when all else fails – application and examples.
How to book:
To book your FREE space, please complete a short booking form by clicking on the link below:
Once the booking form is completed, you will receive a confirmation email.
Please note, following the training participants be required to complete a short evaluation form – the link will be sent to you at a later date.
Training for Staff delivering services to Adults
Performance Support Officer
Provider Development Team